The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Another year goes by

Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday, as well as my 27th wedding anniversary.  Yes, I got married on my birthday!  My husband and I had dinner last night together, just the two of us, and we really enjoyed it.  I love being with him.  We never hesitated for anything to say.  Yes, we talked about the kids.  Yes, we talked about the cow, the chickens (and what's eating them), and our day at work.  It was nice.  We laughed a little and really enjoyed each other's company. 

I often think about the numerous dinners we had with all three kids.  Those were the days!  Crying, fighting, puking and just being noisy.....  Now, as we get older, and the kids are growing up and moving away, it's different.  Different in a good way.  It's our time.  I'm looking forward to 27 more wonderful years with him. 

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and Birthday to you!! We just had an anniversary too on August 16...31 years. Here's to many more blessed years together.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete