The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry syrup!

One of my favorite magazines in recent years is "Backwoods Home".  Jackie Clay writes several articles in each and every issue and has published several books on canning and gardening.  I have to say that I'm a proud owner of her book entitled Growing and Canning your own Food as well as her very new The Pantry Cookbook.  I have tried so many recipes of hers, and I've yet to have one that I don't like.  The latest idea from Jackie is strawberry syrup.  Jackie writes about it in this month's magazine, but doesn't give a recipe.  All she says is, "it's basically just jelly without the pectin". 

So, I googled it and found something with only strawberries, water and sugar!  Tomorrow morning.......pancakes and strawberry syrup!  Maybe I"ll try peach syrup next!

Growing and Canning Your Own Food by Jackie Clay'Visit:  http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/JackieClay/          Jackie Clay's Pantry Cookbook





Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment