The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bananas

Sometimes I buy bananas, just so they'll go brown.  That's when they're the best to bake with.  When everyone else throws them in the trash, I get busy. My family eats more bananas than the Chiquita lady.  All year long, we eat bananas.  When my dehydrator is out in the summer, I buy bunches and bunches of bananas and store those delicious chips away for bedtime snacks.  Fruit salads aren't fruit salads without them, and peanut butter sandwiches........well, nuf said.

Tonight, after a long day's work, there were three brown bananas on the counter, with nobody to love them, except me.  Banana bread.  In just over an hour, my house was drenched with that wonderful aroma.  And, my husband was smiling and batting his eyes. 

So, tonight's share-a-thon is my Country Banana Bread recipe.  Enjoy! 

3 medium ripe bananas
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)

Mash bananas, add eggs, add flour sifted with sugar, salt and soda.  Stir well, add nuts. Pour into lightly greased loaf pan.   Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan, cool on wire rack.

Don't forget the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment