The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunrise

I was up with the chickens again this morning, around 5:30.  I'm still awaiting the arrival of our precious calf.  Sweetie was just napping in the barn again  with Shirley (our hereford/charolais cross heifer calf), so I gave her a generous scoop of grain and rubbed her nose.  The chickens were up and at 'em in the coop, so I opened it up and let them roam for the day.  They are free-rangers here, eating up the ticks and other insects we have.  I've been getting between 8 and 12 eggs each day from my girls.  After filling up all of the water troughs, I headed to the porch.


My coffee in hand, I sat down to read a little bit of the Bible and watch the sun come up.  The chickens are clucking and the locusts are beginning to buzz.  It's going to be a wonderful day.  I'm reading in Titus today (even though the photo shows Thessalonians)  It's a short book, but a good one.  Titus tells us how we should act, to teach what is good and speak evil of no one.  Avoid quarreling, be gentle and show every courtesty to everyone.  So, this is my goal to practice for the day.......peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment