The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Friday, June 3, 2011

First Time for Everything

I've been reading blogs for quite some time now.  I have several on my favorites list that I read daily...almost daily...ok, when I have time.  Yes, I'm a busy, working mom. If I'm the only one that reads my new blog, then so be it.  At least I'll have an outlet for my "thoughts".

My name is Marilyn.  I'm knocking on mid-life's door.  I am married to John, my best friend, for nearly 27 years.  Together, we have three amazing children.   We live on my family's Century-Old  farm in the Ozarks.  I am in the insurance business, and I have been for more than 20 years.  My husband operates his own small engine repair business from home. 

I have recently (in the past 5 years or so) become obsessed with being self-sufficient.  I'll cover this obsession later.  But, I have the desire to share, with anyone who will listen, my struggles and my successes in learning how be who God made me to be.  In short, I am a wife, a mother, a cook, a reader, a Sunday School teacher, a gardener, a canner, a soap maker.  I have a Jersey cow.  (And what a story that is!).  I also have a couple dozen chickens and a golden doodle named Niko.  And, this is My Life on Cedar Lane...........

No comments:

Post a Comment