The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Friday, June 10, 2011

TGIF

I can't tell you how much I love Fridays.  It's been an unusually long week for me.  First of all, my youngest daughter, Kelly, has been gone all week.  She traveled to Kentucky, along with other youth from our church and surrounding churches, on a week-long mission trip.  I miss her.  A lot.  Secondly, my other daughter, Becky, has been gone all week as well, house sitting for my sister who is on vacation.  I am used to not seeing my oldest, Danny, because he lives 90 minutes away.  But, to rip my other two girls away for such a long time is rather tough on this mommy.  Luckily, it's Friday and Kelly will be home tonight and Becky will be back home tomorrow.  And, we will celebrate!

But, in the meantime, the farm must go on.  Last night's egg collection was nice.  A good basketful to wash and pack for those lucky family members of mine.  All of our excess eggs are sold.  The hens seem to feel good this morning, after their dusting yesterday.  I also expected to wake up to a newborn calf this morning, but still nothing.......we continue to wait.  Today, John is setting the posts in the barn for the head stanchion.  Things are coming together......

John and I planted our three new fruit trees, 2 cherry and 1 pear.  We also pulled some weeds out of the garden, put down newspaper and straw, then gave the garden a good watering.  The crops are looking really good, but we need rain.  The weatherman is calling for some showers tonight and tomorrow.  I hope he's right. 

Thank Goodness it's Friday! 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment